I have been blown away by the great response to my blog and have now been honored with four awards that fellow bloggers have bestowed upon me. I can’t tell you how much it means that people actually take time out to read my (sometimes very lengthy) posts and to offer comments. This experience and the WordPress community has been very supportive and generous and I offer my sincerest thanks to everyone who has visited.
I received two One Lovely Blog awards yesterday. The first from Bitter en Zoet, a talented, thoughtful and insightful writer who has worldly views and posts on the Mother Sugar blog, a community of women writers who share their thoughts and experiences of life. They have interesting perspectives and write in a very entertaining way. I hope you will check them out. http://mothersugar.wordpress.com/
The second came from Vividhunter and she writes The (anti) Procrastination Diaries. Her blog is new to me as mine is to her but she was kind enough to check mine out and give me this very nice award. In her blog you will find wonderful surprises such as a jar full of stars (that I absolutely loved) as well as great information on a variety of topics. http://procrastinationdiaries.wordpress.com/
I also received the The Versatile Blogger award from one of my first supporters, Chris 9911. Some may know him as the antagonist commenter in my cubicle post however he has been a champion and cheerleader of mine and his support has been overwhelming. Chris9911 writes with honesty and compassion about a variety of subjects such as his marriage, children, friends and cycling. His great sense of humor will have you laughing!
As I wrote this post, I was awarded a second Versatile Blogger award from A Diary Of A New Wife! This is a lovely blog about a woman who reflects on and navigates newlywedom. Check it out. http://diaryofanewife.wordpress.com/about/
For anyone wondering, here is the award protocol:
If you are nominated, you’ve been awarded the Versatile Blogger award.
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to this site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Here is my pick of wonderful bloggers who have inspired, moved me or made me laugh. I thank all of you for your wonderful works:
1) Brian Westbye: http://brianwestbye.wordpress.com/ Brian writes works of fiction as well as well as luscious vignettes and reveries and is multi-talented. I find his work atmospheric and the voices he creates jump from the page. His creative ability knows no bounds if you ask me. (A Versatile Blogger award)
2) Brewing Translation: http://translationbrew.wordpress.com Powerful poetry/vignettes of her travels, thoughts and emotions. Well worth the read. (The Versatile Blogger award)
3) An Odyssey of Camaraderie: http://purposeofexistence.wordpress.com/about-the-author/
This writer is new to the blogging world and blogging in general however he’s finding his feet and sharing his views about English Premiership football, Daylight Savings-an Indian Perspective and matters of the heart. He is a thoughtful, intelligent writer and I wish him all the best with the new blog. I hope you’ll check him out! (A Lovely Blog award)
4) Cultural Quirks: http://culturalquirks.com/2012/05/26/only-in-vegas This blogger calls attention to some of the crazy attractions out there. She is a self-described armchair Anthropologist and her posts inform and delight. (A Versatile Blogger award)
5) Rustic Recluse: http://rusticrecluse.wordpress.com/about/ Traveler, historian, writer of short stories and poems. A versatile and intelligent blogger to be sure. (A Versatile Blogger award)
6) Craves Adventure: http://cravesadventure.wordpress.com/ A fun, breezy blog full of interesting information and reminders about diet, exercise and health as well as budding photography snaps and travel adventures. A fun read! (A Lovely Blog award)
7) Food Vixen in NYC: http://nycfoodvixen.com/ A lovely blog about food and NYC, two of my favorite subjects! Well written and fun. Her pictures make you feel as if you’re going on food journeys with her. (A Versatile Blogger award)
8) Society Red: http://societyred.wordpress.com/about/ His tagline says it all: “nonlinear, bite-size, easily digestible pieces of me.” I enjoy his observations. (A Lovely Blog award)
9) The Little Lady Speaks: http://thelittleladyspeaks.wordpress.com Thoughts and opinions shared in a frank and real way. Pleasant blog with a sense of purpose. (A Lovely Blog award)
10) Detours by Deetali: http://deetoursbydeepali.wordpress.com/
Wonderful posts about places and great photography to accompany it. (A Lovely Blog award)
12) Chris 9911– http://chris9911.wordpress.com/about/ A workaholic who always makes time for his friends. He writes poignant, funny and heartfelt posts about anything from his bikes and family to silly videos and things that make him stop and reflect. Chris you get the A Lovely Blog Award.
13) purpleowltree: http://purpleowltree.wordpress.com/ To say this blogger is courageous is an understatement. She has been fearless in writing about her experience and journey with DID, Dissociative Identity Disorder . She writes about heart wrenching and triumphant moments and some posts are written by her alters who shed light on a very complex life. An eye-opening read for those who welcome more understanding. She has a generosity of spirit and I appreciate her support of my posts. (The Versatile Blogger award)
14) The Sacred Cave: http://thesacredcave.wordpress.com/about/ Wonderful photography and posts about thoughts and musings. (A Versatile Blogger award)
15) Dor’s Virginia Views : http://countryliving4beginners.wordpress.com/ A truly enjoyable blog. (A Lovely Blog award)
7 things to know about me:
1) I love sheep that roam the English countryside.
2) I recently found and am obsessed with Trader Joe’s Chocolate Almond spread-better than Nutella.
3) I swam with wild dolphins with one of my very best friends-an amazing experience.
4) I adore Boxer dogs.
5) I am perpetually learning the Italian language (damn those conjugated verbs and constantly changing adjectives!)
6) I love passion however it manifests itself (writing, art, cooking, craftmanship, the turn of phrase). Such a turn on!
7) My favorite part of the day is late afternoon, especially on the beach when everything turns golden.
Again, thank you for all the support and kindness you’ve shown me
Happy Blogging and wishing everyone much success!